Friday, January 3, 2014

Apple Slaw with Cilantro Recipe

I have to say I like my newly invented Apple Slaw recipe.  I'm posting it because I think it is delicious, and worth making!

(Note, I don't really measure when I cook, so this is all approximate.  Adjust it to fit your tastes.)

Stir up the following dressing in a bowl:
Juice of 2 Limes
1/3 cup Honey
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup of loosely packed chopped Cilantro Leaves
Dash of Cayenne Pepper
Dash of Black Pepper

Chop 5-6 yellow &/or green apples into the size of matchsticks, leave the skin on the apples.  Mix apples and the dressing together.

If you would like, for a punch of color, add in some pomegranate seeds.

Keep refrigerated.  This salad is very cool and refreshing.  I think it would be delicious for a summer bbq, but currently I'm enjoying this in the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment