Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy New Year!

Not one person in our household lasted until midnight.  But, the kids had a lot of fun making clock cookies.  There only reference to New Year's was from a show they watch called Max and Ruby.  They celebrate by making clock cookies and drinking punch. 

Since our town didn't allow fireworks on the 4th of July, they let people shoot them off on New Year's Eve.  It may have been nice to sit on the back deck to watch, but it was soooo cold that evening.  We could only stand out there for about two minutes before we were frozen. 

The kids watched the movie "Cars" for the first time that evening.  It was fun to sit down and watch it with them.  The last time I watched that movie was when I was on bed rest with the kiddos in the middle of the night.  Since all I could do was lay around, I couldn't sleep when it was night time!  I think I watched that movie at 2 or 3 AM to keep me entertained. 

I think this is A&B's first full-length Disney DVD movie that they have ever watched.  Zach and I enjoyed "Starsky and Hutch" after A&B went to bed.  It was an enjoyable evening and we made super nachos for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment