Saturday, August 18, 2012

Catching Up

The last few weeks I feel like I've been playing catch up.  In late July, I had this realization that summer was almost over, and we had a lot to do before preschool starts.

Needless to say, my blogging time was not at the top of my list.  Instead, I've been organizing our fall schedule, prepping the kids for preschool, sorting through clothes, waking up before 5 AM on some days to squeeze in a 3 hour workout before my work day begins.  I'm exhausted! 

I'll try to make some photo posts to document what we've been up to during the past month. 

Quick Glance:
Brooks & Adlyn begin preschool this week.  By September, they will be going to school 5 days a week.  I hope they are ready for the intensity, because we don't have an alternative!

Zach started school this past week and will be graduating in December.  I'm very excited about that!  The past month he's spent nearly every waking hour on his latest painting.  As I sit here, it is looking good, and it looks done to me...but obviously, I'm not the artist.  Luckily, our routine is slowly changing over the next few weeks as we transition into chaos for the next four months.

I've been prepping for an unusually busy fall semester at the college this fall, and trying to figure out how I'm going to be at particular places at specific times to take A&B from one place to the next during the day.  Throw in training for a Tough Mudder in October to the weekly mix, and trying to do a few fun things with the kids before the school year.  I'm also planning to take some vacation time each week to be with A&B this fall.

I think we'll all be celebrating December 14th when Zach graduates and A&B turn 4, and on December 21st, the last day of school for the semester and the start of a much needed Christmas break for each one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment