Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cookie the Turtle

Brooks had a pet turtle for about 36 hours while we were in Nebraska earlier this month.  While I was out for a run, I came across a turtle.  So, I ran back towards town and went into a local business.  Oddly, a guy I went to high school with was working their and helped me find a box to put the turtle in.  I had to ask him if he would pick it up and put it in the box, and luckily, he did!  He gave me a ride back into town so I could give it to Mr. Brooks. 

Brooks was at the old school with Dad and Grandpa.  He decided to name the turtle Cookie, and we let it walk around the gym.  It wandered into the kitchen at the old school and went under the fridge.  Dad got it out with a broom handle.  They took it home and put it in the little swimming pool in the back yard.  The next day, we drove it to about the only puddle of water around town and let him free.  There were no tears, and he was very proud of his little turtle. 




No comments:

Post a Comment