Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Tree

The day before Thanksgiving, we put up the tree.  I'm the person who prefers to wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas, but the timing just worked out differently this year.

The kids were very helpful, but it took about 5 times longer then it should have!

Zach got the tree down for us and helped us haul it inside.  The kids unpacked the tree as Zach and I went back for the ornaments.  The tree is a little old, and all the branches aren't exactly color coded any more.  So, I rely on how I group them in the box to figure out where they go.  But, the kids had most of the branches out by the time I got back inside.  We had a wonderful time unsorting the branches.

As I put up the last of the branches, the kids started to untangle the lights.  I spent a lot of time trying to untangle their tangles.  But, it was all fun.  As I finished putting on the lights, the kids were unpacking the ornaments.  I didn't have a hang a single ornament!  They had them all up in no time.  Now, they were almost all on the bottom half of the tree, but they did a great job.  I moved the breakable ornaments towards the top.

The tree was done and it looked pretty good!  I was able to finish the tree skirt over Thanksgiving break.  It looks beautiful, and it is fun to look at it and know the kids had such a big part in the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment