Friday, April 29, 2011

There is Only One Spot to Go Potty and One Way to Get There

During our early phases of potty training this year, I feel like the phrase listed above reflects what I was constantly thinking.  There is only one spot to go potty, and that is in the toilet.  No, you can’t go to the bathroom behind the door, or in the living room, or anywhere else in the house.  There is only one way to get to the potty, you must run.  The kids will still say, “Run, run, run,” as they go to the potty when I prompt them to run.  One would think a child would take the shortest route to the bathroom, but they don’t.  Brooks, especially, likes to go the long way around to the bathroom.  Every second counts, and I want them to get to the bathroom quickly!  There are also times when they pretend to be puppies on their way to the bathroom.  They get down on all fours, and crawl to the bathroom making short, happy barks.  I’m sure that I’m rolling my eyes while saying, “Hurry!”. 

I can’t wait to be past this potty trainng phase.  I would love to go somewhere for an afternoon and know that I don’t have to bring an extra pair of pants or undies just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment