Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sick Day

I got home from work on July 7 and Zach said Adlyn was pretty feverish and taking a nap.  We let her rest and when she woke up, she didn't have any energy.  Poor little girl, it broke my heart to see her sick like that.  She just wanted to lie down on the couch or on the floor.  We took her temperature and it reported a 103.9.  Yikes, that is hot.  No wonder she was feeling so miserable.  I called my brother-in-law to get some advice.  We tried to get her to take some medicine, she refused.  Then, I mixed it into some flavored water, and I thought that was going to work great.  She was sitting on my lap and about a minute later, she puked.  Everywhere.  Out her mouth.  Out her nose.  She was crying, scared, and tired.  I hate puke, and it didn't help that I was trying to eat supper at the same time.  We put her in the tub to clean her up and cool her off.  Then, I called the pediatrician on call for the night to get his advice.  We gave her the medicine again, and this time it worked much better.  She went to bed and I checked her several times throughout the night to make sure she was doing well.  About an hour after she took her medicine, I could tell she was cooling off and doing much better.  By morning, she was back to normal. 

Even though Adlyn was completely miserable the entire evening, it was Brooks that could make her smile.  He would do something silly and she would give a little grin behind her misery.  I was trying to do anything to keep her comfortable and make her happy, and it was nothing compared to what Brooks could do for her spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment