Thursday, September 29, 2011

Go Huskers!

Being from Nebraska, I love the Huskers.  Zach is from Wyoming, and loves the Cowboys!  Nebraska and Wyoming last played one another in 1994.  There has been a lot of talk about this game for several months.  Tickets were hard to get, and luckily Zach's brother was able to snag 4 extra tickets.  Zach, his dad, my sister and brother-in-law went to the game.  I stayed home with the kiddos, but that didn't mean that I wasn't cheering them on!

Before Zach saw the kids last Saturday morning, I was already wearing a red shirt, Adlyn was wearing her Husker cheerleader uniform, and Brooks had on his red Husker football jersey.  They were cute!  Below, Brooks wore his UW shirt just long enough for the picture, but he was cheering for Big Red. 

We went to church that night and the kids were wound up.  Afterwards, one of my co-workers who was sitting a few pews behind us told me that if the kids were dressed in UW colors, the behavior might have been more acceptable! 

Nebraska won the game, and I couldn't be happier!  I've been waiting for a game like this since Zach and I first started dating eight years ago!

Brooks and Adlyn are ready for the big game!

No comments:

Post a Comment