Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A&B's Dictionary

Last week we had snow, and Zach and the kids built a snow/leafman.  There wasn't a lot of snow, but there were a lot of leaves.  Then, we got to thinking, what did the kids used to call a snowman?  We couldn't remember!  That is why I am writing this blog.  Then, a few days later, I remembered.  Last winter they called a snowman a "mi-mi".  I think it is a lost word, because now it is called a "no-man" or a "no-me". 

I wanted to document some of their other words that they use for real words.

Merriam Webster - Strawberry
A&B's Dictionary - Straw-bee

Brand Name - Gatorade
A&B's Dictionary - Gah-gee

Merriam Webster - Fire Truck
A&B's Dictionary - Figer Truck

I know there are a lot more, and I'll have to add to the list at a later time!

In regards to strawberry, Brooks thinks a lot of things taste like strawberry.  Their toothpaste is strawberry flavored, so that must be where he gets it.  He'll eat something and say, "Mmmmm, tastes straw-bee."

No comments:

Post a Comment