Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The First Fish

Early in October we took the kids fishing up the mountain.  It was a beautiful fall day, and the leaves were gorgeous.  It took a little bit of off-roading to get where we were going, but it was a great fishing spot.  Within minutes, Zach was already catching some brook trout.  Both Adlyn and Brooks got to reel in their first fish, and I think they enjoyed it.  Zach made a little video from the afternoon.  It was a little colder then I had expected, so you'll have to forgive me if you look at Adlyn's clothes.  I put an extra tank-top under her dress, along with some gray pants.  I know it doesn't match...but we used what we had in the truck!  It reminds me of a funny line I heard on one of my favorite shows, Modern Family, when they are referring to the couple's young adopted child who was dressed for a family party.  It was said that she looked like she was dipped in glue and drug through a flea market.  Now, I don't think we were to that extreme, but if we had more clothing around...she might have come close!  I'm looking forward to more outdoor adventures next spring and summer.

video


















No comments:

Post a Comment