Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The First Fish

Early in October we took the kids fishing up the mountain.  It was a beautiful fall day, and the leaves were gorgeous.  It took a little bit of off-roading to get where we were going, but it was a great fishing spot.  Within minutes, Zach was already catching some brook trout.  Both Adlyn and Brooks got to reel in their first fish, and I think they enjoyed it.  Zach made a little video from the afternoon.  It was a little colder then I had expected, so you'll have to forgive me if you look at Adlyn's clothes.  I put an extra tank-top under her dress, along with some gray pants.  I know it doesn't match...but we used what we had in the truck!  It reminds me of a funny line I heard on one of my favorite shows, Modern Family, when they are referring to the couple's young adopted child who was dressed for a family party.  It was said that she looked like she was dipped in glue and drug through a flea market.  Now, I don't think we were to that extreme, but if we had more clothing around...she might have come close!  I'm looking forward to more outdoor adventures next spring and summer.



















No comments:

Post a Comment