Sunday, August 21, 2011

1, 2, 3, 4, 8!!

Brooks has really been interested in counting the last couple of weeks.  They can say all of their numbers from 1 to 10.  I was able to get them to repeat their numbers after me, by using the technique of saying "Blastoff" when we got to 10.  At which time, they would jump around and 'go wild' for a few seconds, laughing along the way.  Brooks has been doing a great job saying numbers 1-4 by himself, and then he skips to number 8.  He is frequently counting objects whenever he sees something.  The other day I was asking the kids, "Do you want to do x, y, or z?"  Brooks would laugh and say, "One, two."  He was joking around with me, thinking I was saying, "Do you one two do x, y, or z?" 

Adlyn can also repeat her numbers, but typically counts 1, 2, 4.  She frequently skips number 3.  It has been fun seeing them grow and develop, and I look forward to many more things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment