Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Heavyweight

I think I've determined the heavyweight for kids...and I believe it is 29 lbs.  Adlyn is currently at that mark.  For the first time in over 2 1/2 years, I can say that she now seems heavy to me!  Adlyn has always been smaller than Brooks.  Since they've been born, Zach usually carries Brooks, and I carry Adlyn.  I can remember when they were just a couple months old, and I thought carrying Brooks was exhausting!  He was probably like 9-10 lbs at the time, but compared to his 6-7 lbs sister- I always thought Adlyn was as light as a feather.  As an infant, Brooks would like to be carried arm's length in front of you, in a sitting-type of position with one hand under his butt, and the other under his armpit and behind his neck.  Not that that wasn't bad enough, he also wanted to be bounced up and down at the same time.  This is what made him happy, and I'm glad Zach had the strength to do it!  I stuck with holding 'midgie' since she was small, and much lighter.

Today I can tell you that they are both officially heavy.  I can't carry them for blocks on end anymore, and they'll have to start using their two feet instead.  Sorry Adlyn, you are getting big now!

Brooks weighs in at 35 lbs currently, and the kid doesn't have a roll of fat on him.  He is just a solid little guy, and quite strong.

This brings me a story when I was in Junior High or High School.  I would do a lot of babysitting, and there was one family in particular with a very heavy kid!  I was at their house watching Trevor one evening, and the parents weren't expected back until very late.  Needless to say, little, or should I say big, Trevor, fell asleep downstairs.  I am thinking he was 4 or 5 at the time.  He was not a fat kid by any means, he was rock solid.  I wanted him to be in his bed when his parents got home, so I had to find a way to get him back upstairs.  I couldn't pick him up.  Does anyone else think a sleeping kid weighs 5x more than their normal weight?  I remember dragging him under his arm pits up one or two stairs at a time.  Then, I had to rest and go up a few more stairs!  I finally got him to his bed, ugh!  Now, our kids aren't at that weight yet, but I'm sure the day is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment